Oakland hosts IUPUI and WIU in Regular Season's Final Weekend|
Oct. 25, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Oakland women's soccer team (7-5-3, 4-2) concludes the regular season at home this weekend with a pair of matches against IUPUI (3-12-2, 1-3-2) and Western Illinois (12-4-0, 4-2) at the OU Soccer Field. The Golden Grizzlies face the Jaguars at 7 p.m. on Friday, before hosting Western Illinois on Sunday at 1 p.m. for Senior Day.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Oakland will recognize seven seniors on Sunday against Western Illinois: Brianna Bowery, Brittany Brown, Shannon Coley, Nicole DeLuca, Alyssa Fulton, Marlen Knoph, Kristen Steffes and Kara Weber will all play their final home regular season matches.
▪ The Golden Grizzlies are tied with Western Illinois for second place in the league standings.
▪ Six teams are still fighting for the four spots left in The Summit League Tournament. Oakland can secure it's spot with a victory in either match.
▪ Abigail Haelewyn leads the Summit League with nine assists this season and is No. 7 in the nation in assists per-game and No. 8 in total assists
▪ Kellermann leads Oakland and The Summit League in goals (8) and points (19) this season
▪ Kellermann has won two Summit League OFfensive Player of the Week Awards this season. Coley has won two Summit League Defensive Player of the Week Awards, while Megan Reynolds and Haelewyn have also claimed the offensive award
▪ OU tied two of the three Big Ten teams it faced this season
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes