Oakland Hosts NDSU and SDSU in Weekend Soccer Action
The Golden Grizzlies start the weekend with NDSU on Friday at 7 p.m.
Oct. 4, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Oakland women's soccer team (4-3-3, 1-0) will host a pair of Summit league matches against North Dakota State (4-6-0, 1-0) and South Dakota State (2-7-1, 0-1) at the OU Soccer Field. The Golden Grizzlies face the Bison at 7 p.m. on Friday and the Jackrabbits at 1 p.m. on Sunday.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Goalkeeper Shannon Coley picked up the shutout against Omaha, the 10th of her career to move into a tie for 12th in Summit League history and take sole possession of fourth all-time at OU
▪ Abigail Haelewyn leads the Summit League with eight assists this season and is No. 3 in the nation in total assists and assists per-game
▪ Kellermann leads Oakland and The Summit League in goals (6) and points (14) this season
▪ In the 2012 Summit League Tournament, Oakland knocked off top-seeded South Dakota State before toppling second-seed North Dakota State in the final
▪ Coley has won two Summit League Defensive Player of the Week Awards from the league this season, while Megan Reynolds, Kyla Kellermann and Haelewyn have also claimed the award
▪ OU tied two of the three Big Ten teams it faced this season
▪ The scoreless tie with Michigan State marked the first time that OU has shutout MSU and snapped a streak of six consecutive losses for the Golden Grizzlies to the Spartans in 10 meetings
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes