Oakland Wraps Up Homestand Against Michigan on Sunday
The Golden Grizzlies kickoff against the Wolverines at 5 p.m.
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Oakland women's soccer team (2-1-2) hosts Michigan (4-2-0) on Sunday at the OU Soccer Field at 5 p.m. It is the final match of a four-game home stand for the Golden Grizzlies.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ The scoreless tie snapped a streak of six consecutive losses for the Golden Grizzlies to the Spartans
▪ Oakland and MSU have met 10 times, but Wednesday was the first time that Oakland has shutout the Spartans
▪ Starting Wednesday Oakland plays three of four matches against opponents from the Big Ten (Michigan State, Michigan and Northwestern)
▪ Meghan Reynolds scored twice, including the extra-time match-winner, as Oakland beat Detroit 3-2 in its last outing
▪ Reynolds was named Summit League Player of the Week by the league on Tuesday, an honor she also received from CollegeSportsMadness.com
▪ The goals against Detroit were the first goals of the season for Reynolds, who led Oakland in scoring last season
▪ The Golden Grizzlies have scored in every game this season, totaling 16 goals through four matches this season
▪ Oakland is 2-3 against MSU at the OU Soccer Field, with the Golden Grizzlies last win coming in 2006.
▪ Kyla Kellermann, who scored four goals and had one assist during the week, was named Summit League Player of the Week on Monday August 20
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Abigail Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes