Oakland to Host Michigan State on Wednesday|
Sept. 4, 2012
ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The next chapter in a local rivalry will unfold Friday, when Oakland (1-1-1) hosts Detroit (2-2-0) at the OU Soccer Field at 8 p.m. The Golden Grizzlies have scored 13 goals over the first three matches of the season, while the Titans have scored seven thus far.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ Oakland leads the all-time series with Detroit and boasts a 4-2-1 home record against the Titans
▪ OU won nine consecutive matches against the Titans from 1997-2007
▪ The I-75 series between Oakland and Detroit dates back to the 1994 season. The teams have met conistantly since then with the only exceptions coming in 1996, 2005 and 2006.
▪ Kyla Kellermann, who scored four goals and had one assist during the week, was named Summit League Player of the Week on Monday August 20
▪ Kellermann scored a hat trick against Rochester College, which tied for third most in single-game history at OU
▪ Abigail Haelewyn assisted on three goals in the match against Rochester College, which ties for fourth best in a single-game at Oakland
▪ The 47 shots that the Golden Grizzlies took against Rochester College are the second most in program history
▪ Oakland was tabbed as the favorite in The Summit League Preseason Coaches Poll for the 11th time in school history, just edging South Dakota State this season with five first-place votes