Oakland Travels to Omaha With Title Hopes
The Golden Grizzlies lead The Summit League with two matches remaining.
Oct. 27, 2012
OMAHA, Neb.-- Oakland (9-6-0, 4-1) continues Summit League play on Sunday with a match against Omaha (4-9-1, 2-2-1) at the UNO Soccer Field at 1 p.m. ET. It is the first time that Oakland has faced the newest league opponent.
OAKLAND SOCCER NOTES
▪ The Golden Grizzlies are currently tied for first place in The Summit League standings with just two games remaining in the season
▪ OU ranks sixth in the country in total goals scored and is third in total assists
▪ Kyle Bethel's 11 assists continue to lead the nation
▪ OU is seeking a ninth Summit League regular season championship
▪ Oakland has outscored Summit League opponents 17-4 over so far this season
▪The Black and Gold ranks fourth in the nation in total points and is eight in the NCAA in scoring offense, total goals and total assists
▪ Bethel is third in the nation in assists per-match and ranks in the top 25 in the NCAA in both total points and points per-match
▪ The Golden Grizzlies are still picked to win The Summit League with a No. 47 ranking in the TopDrawerSoccer.com National Ranking
▪ Oakland ranks No. 35 in the nation with a .400 shutout percentage
▪ Goalkeeper Eliott Tarney improved to 2-0 as a starter with a win against UMKC
▪ Scott Messer started the season with 275:27 minutes of scoreless action in the nets
▪ Dating back to the previous season, the Golden Grizzlies went 356:30 consecutive minutes without allowing a goal
▪ Messer, Dudley, Bethel, Timm and Lipari have all been named Summit League Player of the Week by the league office this season
▪ The Black and Gold announced captains for this season as John Timm, Nick Kristock and Lucas Diener
▪ Oakland has won 11 Summit League Championships during its first thirteen years in The Summit League and advanced to five NCAA Tournaments.